|Title:||Financial / Operational Data Analyst|
SENIOR STRATEGY CONSULTANT
In concert with Strategy Management leaders, works closely with senior Health Plan and Medical Group leadership, managers and staff to facilitate Strategic Plan development and execution.
The Senior Strategy Consultant leads the definition and execution of Clients' strategic programs and projects by partnering with stakeholders to generate high-value solutions and sustainable results. The Senior Strategy Consultant supports internal clients by effectively applying project management, facilitation, and process improvement methodologies and identifying and applying appropriate best practices from within and outside of Client.
Education: • Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Health Care Economics, Statistics (with a quantitative emphasis), or equivalent experience required.
Masters degree highly preferred
• 7+ years of work experience analyzing, modeling and forecasting financial and operational data, including a thorough understanding of financial statement construction and analysis to include 5+ years of experience in consulting, project management required
• Prior health care experience is preferred;
• Candidate must have the ability to relate financial information to the broader business. Strong financial and statistical analysis highly preferred.
• Excellent communication skills highly desirable
• Demonstrable experience in preparing presentations to financial and business leaders including Senior Management;
Prior experience in directly working with and supporting senior executives is a plus
• Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced skill in Excel and Power Point, required
• Able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and to effectively work in a fast past environment
• Strong team player, experience working collaboratively as part of a team
Preferred Work Experience and Qualification
- Prefer a minimum four (4) years of experience working in a health care environment
- Top tier consulting / accounting firm experience preferred
- Experience working in a complex corporate environment, ideally spanning multiple industries.
- Proven experience developing / leading / facilitating strategic plans and teams comprised of executives and senior leadership.
- Proven experience in developing business cases for high-impact programs and projects.
- Demonstrated leadership of initiatives with successful completion, on time and on budget, with proven outcomes.
- Significant business/clinical results (ROI, Service, Quality, etc.) achieved for clients.
- Demonstrated excellence using structured organization change methodologies to bring about effective organizational change.
- Experience with applying process improvement methodologies
Consulting and Project Management:
- Leads from inception to completion on critical projects and initiatives aimed at achieving the Region’s Strategic Objectives.
- Consults for executives, senior leaders and other stakeholders to ensure fulfillment of strategic goals by identifying gaps and developing solutions.
- Leads projects and programs for Client, including defining goals, measurements, deliverables, key milestones and critical path for projects containing multiple work streams.
- Identifies "best" practices from Project / Program Management Community, Clients' Regions, Health Care and other industries.
- Manages the adoption or adaptation of those practices to achieve significant ROI, Quality and/or Service results.
- Works with stakeholders to document information for new project requests using established criteria.
- Aligns projects with strategic objectives and identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies, cost effectiveness, quality and service.
- Effectively sees how multiple projects connect and leverages those synergies to add the most value to Client.
- Identifies project barriers / constraints / risks and ensure risks & constraints are mitigated.
- Uses existing project methodologies to execute projects. Effectively applies process improvement.
- Manages activities to ensure the development, communication, execution and refinement of the Region’s three year strategic plan.
- Advances organizational alignment around the Strategic Plan, partnering with Communications, Operations, and other core functions.
- Supports Strategy Management and other Health Plan and Medical Group leaders’ timely and high quality completion of the annual Strategic Plan Review with Program Office.
- Facilitates Client’s executive Strategy Execution teams
- Leads programs or projects that drive the execution of Client’s three strategies: Affordability, Personalization and Integration
- Leads the development of business cases for strategic project proposals.
- Evaluates past business cases to determine their ROI for Client
Market and Performance Analysis:
- Assesses organizational performance and identifies competitive advantage and performance improvement opportunities on higher level critical projects.
- Identifies industry trends, conducts research and benchmarks with other health care organizations to understand key issues and apply them to Client.
- Maintains a working understanding of the regional and national health care marketplace and Client’s position in it; applies this understanding to advance the organization’s strategic thinking.
- Supports Strategy Management leaders and/or participates in various ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.