|Title:||Visual Designer - Senior|
Duration - 6 months, full time (40 hrs/wk)
Minimum Associates degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, or User Centered Design or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience
5-10 years of experience in Creation of diverse collateral for a range of audiences and industries (consumer and business-to-business) .
Portfolio of work samples should demonstrate mastery of complex, high-end projects.
Experience with social media.
Qualifications / Expectations
- At least 3 years professional experience, up to 10
- Excellent visual communication skills across a range of media
- Comfort with strategy and communicating abstract concepts
- Human-centered design (empathy, prototyping, testing) a plus
- Design agency background a plus
- Visual and motion design of presentations, motion graphics, and videos
- User interface design for internal tools such as dashboards
- Design of offline (paper) and online (Web and mobile) prototypes
The Visual Designer will contribute to a range of efforts within the group.
Core to this role is contributing to the storytelling (presentations, motion graphics, videos) and supporting the internal brand for Clients, new bold corporate strategy.
As part of that work, the Visual Designer will work with other Experience Design team members to improve internal communications of our new Work Together Differently methodology, Client’s own take on combining agile business practices and human-centered design.
The Visual Designer will also support the visual design for high-value internal tools such as dashboards tracking the progress of key strategic initiatives.
The Visual Designer may serve as a visual design consultant for teams that lack that capability, with work ranging from service strategy and design to prototyping new experiences to improved communications about the work.
Additional Job Summary:
Responsible for the visual design of online communications and marketing materials, including visual concepts, high fidelity layouts, typography and icon design.
Lead the intersection of technology and design-- will work alongside designers, developers, and communication managers to create experiences that are compelling, beautiful, and relevant.
Responsible for brainstorming creative concepts with project teams, generating multiple stylistic solutions to a problem in pursuit of the right approach, creating style guides and executing on them, participating in visual design presentations to internal and external clients, and preparing visual assets for development.
- Will work closely with art director, copywriters and communications managers to produce pixel perfect and brand-appropriate design concepts
- Conceptualize and execute designs for online and social, to increase recognition of Client as a leader in quality health care.
- Provide backup support for design of print projects as well as art direction for overall project scope and brand strategy
- Develop and manage all phases of design from concept to design development to final production.
- Work closely with our front end developers to ensure that the frontend/backend implementation matches the visual comps
- Implement the insights around the behaviors, attitudes and emotions of real people, to influence and shape the products and experiences we create.
- Ensure design quality by employing the principles of proportion, balance, space, appropriate image choice, font selection, etc.
- Meet project-specific criteria and budgets, reflect best practices for efficiency and timeliness, and reinforce the Clients' brand identity.
- Aligns communications with regional and national strategies, goals, and standards.
- As part of a creative team, collaborates with department colleagues to develop and deploy information through the online channels
- Enhance reputation of Communications department through comprehensive functional knowledge of graphic design to resolve corporate/client needs, strategic and creative solutions, and excellent service.
- Ensure communications activities are consistent with the Clients' brand in terms of tone, manner, and messaging.
- Leverage knowledge from multiple sources including Program Office, marketing, medical operations and other sources.
- Serve as department multimedia, digital resource. Develop Web sites, e-communications, etc. Continue development of electronic knowledge as technologies rapidly change.
- Communicate clearly across the communications team and collaborate to identify requirements, propose solutions, and meet deadlines;
--provide project direction and status updates.
--Consults with department clients as appropriate during project development.
--Build and leverage working relationships throughout company.
--Interact with all levels of staff and functional areas.
--Act as resource for design team, including: art direction, technical support, service innovation, and departmental direction.
-Work with managers to advocate and execute overall department strategy for future online channels and execution
-Maintains up-to-date knowledge of our brand and business strategy; our health care delivery system; the health insurance industry; principles of internal communication and change communication. -Keep up with new trends in web, mobile and social technology
-Keep up-to-date on software, social media, printing techniques, Web technology, paper stocks, electronic pre-press and digital media in order to prepare clear, clean, cost-effective solutions.
-Maintain hardware and software, and troubleshoot problems.
-Apply color management in use of large format color printers to produce high-end, cost-effective output.
-Keep abreast of changes to the National Brand Identity Web and multi-media resources.
-Maintain technical quality of all images, managing resolution and file type requirements for various output (including press media, PDFs, Web, and end-process color output).
-Establish good working relationships with external vendors.
-Work closely with outside illustrators, photographers, designers, and programmers ensuring quality work that meets department and Clients' design standards and brand identity.
-Establish priorities for production of projects to ensure delivery according to schedules and deadlines.
-Prepare files for web, social, and other multi-media purposes.
-Perform other duties as assigned.